- Cafe & Restaurant
- The Store
- Posh B&B
- Outside Catering
- Have you tried?
Any rumours or gossip should be confirmed or not below!
• Passport holders now approaching the 10,000 mark! Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. Where has your Passport to Our Norfolk taken you? Our weekly e-postcard continues to reveal our Top 5 things to do for the week ahead + a link to all your perks and rewards.
• Christmas menus are now available throughout the businesses.
• Lots of gossip going around about our involvement in the Old Brewery House, Reepham. We have had a look and it’s in a sorry state. We will make a decision this month on whether to take our interest forward and keep you posted.
• New Head Chef, Richard Knights, started at the end of August. Richard spent a long period of his career working with Richard Hughes at The Lavender House, before going to Southwold Pier for the last 3 years. A welcome addition to the team and look out for some great food.
• New crockery and menu available mid November.
• New menu starts at the end of September.
• Assembly House nominated for outstanding customer service at this year’s Norfolk Food and Drinks awards – thoroughly deserved.
• English Heritage have agreed the final plans for the 11 rooms at The Assembly House, Norwich. The Posh B&B at Byfords was a huge risk for us back in 2003, but has been great. We created something really special recently at The Pigs with the new Spa rooms, however, the rooms at The Assembly House really could top the lot. Great sized rooms, a wonderful building, in a great location in the heart of the city. Building work should start in January with the rooms expected to open summer 2014.
• We’re formulating plans to start a full restaurant re-fit; extended seating, a new lounge and bar.
• Incredible summer for the Pigs new spa rooms. The guest book is full of happy moments of both a unique experience and great hospitality. If you have not spent a night at the Pigs as yet, book one as it’s something a bit different to the norm! Quirky rooms + great food and drink + superb honest service.
THE KING’S HEAD
• We continue to get closer to our ideal at STEAK. Currently buy in select cuts, mature on site and authentically cook over charcoal. Now looking at ways in which we can improve the selection of the meat we use by buying local rare breads direct from the farmer / grazier. In doing this we will have a hand in how the animal is looked after and the feed used. It may not be viable, but an illustration of the lengths Adam and his team are prepared to go to, to deliver quality and value on the plate.
• Strong relationship with Norfolk Brewhouse continues. Ginger Kick has been a huge success and enjoyed by many over the summer. Thoughts now turn to creating a cask snakebite! 14 Ales available most days at The Kings Head, the best selection for some distance.
• New premiership season in underway. A reminder that SKY sports is available in the public bar.
• The SPONGE Rise makeover starts this month. Check out the image (right) to see what we are looking to achieve between now and Christmas.
• Create Your Own Sponge has gone live. Select your flavour of Sponge, butter cream, inclusions and topping and we will create it and send out for next day delivery.
• Our new range of tray bakes will start this month – Indulgent Brownie, all time favourite flapjack and a lovely gluten-free bakewell will be available online and to retailers throughout the country.
• Fingers crossed we will see the start of the Sponge Cake Card this month – gift card + personal message + slice of delicious Sponge + sent anywhere in the UK for £7.50.
BACK TO YOUR PLACE
• Now fully formed and delivering outside catering to just about anywhere in Norfolk: www.backtoyourplace.co.uk
• New brochure giving some great options and bringing all of our interests back to your place. How about BBQ from STEAK, Hog Roast from The Pigs, Deli Boards from Byfords, Afternoon tea from The Assembly House?!
Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. Where has your Passport to Our Norfolk taken you? The Our Norfolk weekly e-postcard continues to reveal our Top 5 things to do for the week ahead + a link to all your perks and rewards.
New Head Chef, Richard Knights, started at the end of August. Richard spent a long period of his career working with Richard Hughes at The Lavender House, before going to Southwold Pier for the last 3 years. A welcome addition to the team and look out for some great food.
New Menu Our new menu is tickling the taste buds of Byfords goers!
New branded ceramic platters and boards Come and have a peek, also available to buy in store!
Gelato Summer is in full swing and we have some scrummy Gelato flavours available: come and give our creamy caramel a go or fancy something fruity? We have a zingy lemon sorbet that’ll do just the trick!
Hi fellow Kids! Ready for a mega treasure hunt? We have hidden 6 boxes in some secret places at Byfords, Kings Head and The Pigs.
…is to find each box, write your name and age in the log book, swap a toy with another in the box, and take a voucher to swap for some cool treasure at the end of your hunt.
50 rooms to auction off across 3 accommodation locations - click here for full details and good luck everyone!
The new Rewards for August are now live! Click here to view the August rewards and plan your next visit!
19/07/2013 – 25/07/2013
New daily specials served from 5.45pm. See the current listing below and please bear in mind these change as dishes sell out…
Earl Grey Smoked Breast of Duck £7.25
Served with orange, green beans and spinach salad.
Locally Picked Samphire £5.95
With poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
Crab cakes, dill and lime crème fraîche £6.95
With watercress salad.
Slow Roast Pork Belly £14.50
Served with sage mash potato and seasonal vegetables.
Whole Baked Lemon Sole £15.50
Served with new potatoes, samphire and sauce vierge.
New 321 Menu
To make way for the evening specials, we have tweaked the format of the 321 Menu. On the down side it’s now only available between 5pm-6.45pm, but on the upside, it’s still the same attractive pricing, now also applies to the whole menu (except the steak dish which is £3 extra) and is available every day except Saturday!
The Our Norfolk team will be at the following events at this week’s Holt Festival with complimentary treats for Our Norfolk Passport holders. Look out for the Our Norfolk gazebo, Nelson the Morris Minor and our fantastic new Gelato bike!
Sunday 21st 2pm – 6pm Free Street Festival: Find us on Fish Hill for tea, coffee and delicious Sponge.
Tuesday 23rd 6pm – 10pm John Hegley, Lady Rizo: Pimms, nibbles, Gelato (Italian style ice cream made by us).
Weds 24th 6pm – 10pm Ben Haggarty, Ayanna: Pimms, nibbles and Gelato.
Friday 26th 1pm – 10pm John Major, Proclaimers: Gelato, tea, coffee and delicious Sponge.
Saturday 27th 3pm – 5pm Britten Sinfonia: Gelato, tea, coffee and delicious Sponge.
Don’t forget to bring your Passport to the events listed above to receive your complimentary treats. If you are still to join, click here to sign up online or just come along to the Our Norfolk gazebo to apply and enjoy a nice glass of Pimms or some super smooth Gelato.
P.s. Ben Haggarty and The Proclaimers have sold out, but all other events have tickets. If you feel like a treat from us and some great entertainment, click here to visit the Holt Festival website or call the Box Office on 01263 711284.
Our exciting rewards scheme, offering mouth watering perks and rewards across a number of great destination, goes live on Monday!
Sarah Tribe (Passport Controller) and the team have been beavering away to finalise the Rewards for July and get your Passport cards posted out to the 8,000+ of you who have applied! If you haven’t ordered yours yet or would like to see what it’s all about, click here to the Passport to Our Norfolk sign up page.
We also sponsor an impartial online guide to our great county, www.ournorfolk.org.uk and will send you a weekly email with 5 great things to do for the week ahead as well as a link to your current perks and rewards.